The Tigers' win over previously undefeated Kansas Saturday not only elevated them to No. 1 in the AP poll for the first time since 1960, it allowed them to take over the top spot in the penultimate version of the BCS standings.
That means Missouri is just a victory over Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game away from one of two spots in the national championship.
What?!? Can that be talking about the Missouri Tigers? The ones that play in Columbia, Missouri?? I never thought that I would see a decent MU team, much less a #1 ranked team just one win away from a National Championship game, in my lifetime. In fact, if college football would have been around in Jesus' time I'm pretty sure MU being ranked #1 would have been one of the signs of the end of the age.Now, I'm not much of a college football fan, college basketball is more my speed, but I've been sort of paying attention to MU this year since they were supposed to be pretty good--yes, I realize that this makes me a fair weather fan but I can only handle mindless devotion to one stinky MU team at a time. And to be honest after they lost to Oklahoma earlier in the season I stopped checking in on them until last week just before they played Kansas, because I thought they were about to start blowing their season.
Now the dilemma: Do I invest all that energy into hoping that they will actually win it all? Or do I hide behind my cynical MU fair weather fan attitude like I did earlier in the season and just assume that they will blow their chance? Wow, I've never been in this position before. I guess I'll take a leap of faith and cheer for them because if they do win it all I want to cheer alongside my fellow Missourians without feeling guilty for being a doubter!:-) Then maybe whatever winning "mojo" the football team has will rub off on the basketball team!
----------------
Now playing: Adam Sandler - Hannakuh Song
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:
My suggestion for you?
CHEER
YOUR
FACE
OFF
FOR
YOUR
TIGERS
!!
That's what I plan on doing. I just have to get myself prepared for it since that's what I normally do for my basketball tigers and am normally disappointed!:-)
Post a Comment