Sunday, March 13, 2005

Another year, another NIT tourney

I know that most of us Missouri fans feel that this years MU basketball season really isn't worth mentioning but I feel I have to. The only reason I can really explain why I like MU is because I feel I don't have enough disappointment in my life. Yeah, not really. I guess what it really is is that hope I always feel at the beginning of every season (and at the beginning of every Big 12 tourney) that maybe this year we will surpass the well deserved low expectations and win it all! I mean really, where's the fun in cheering for a team who wins every year? Sure you get to gloat but only because you're as good as everyone expected you would be. And if you aren't people get nasty really fast. But when everyone expects you to suck and then you pull off some great victories it's extra sweet. Especially for the die hard foolish fans like me who still believe that if they could just get their act together they'd be a really great team! And I really love the feeling I get from dancing around my apartment to the MU fight song shouting "Mizzou-RAH! Mizzou-RAH!!" after we pull off a victory over Kansas, or Illinois (which hasn't happened in a really long time!)
So I will continue to pull for my "super underdogs" until someday we are THE team to beat and Dick Vitale gives us (and the entire Big 12 conference) some respect! And then I will be the one gloating and saying "I TOLD YOU SO!!" HA HA HA!!!
But for now, i guess I'll have to find another team to cheer for in the NCAA conference.:-)


SIDENOTE FOR ALL YOU AMERICAN IDOL FANS OUT THERE: Niko Smith was TOTALLY robbed!!! I can't believe it. Go Anwar!! down with Constantine!!*:-)

No comments: