For those of you who have never experienced an earthquake at 3:00 in the morning, here's what it feels like...
"this is a nice dream... I love dreaming about starbucks...why is everyone in my dream shaking??" CRASH, BOOM, BANG... AAAAGH!!!! EARTHQUAKE!!!
Then you wake up (with your heart pounding like you've just had a shot of adrenaline) just in time to move out of the way before things from the shelf above your bed fall onto your head. It's great! Who needs roller coasters? My 13th floor apartment is pretty much the same thing during an earthquake.
I'm writing this because in the past 8 hours we have had 5 earthquakes. 4 of them being between 3:12 and 3:30ish. Thankfully the only casualties that I know of are a Thailand teacup and a couple of plates.
The scariest thing about earthquakes is that when they start you never know if they are going to keep going and get bigger or just be a little shake. And they seem to go in spurts. For a long time we won't have any, at least not any big enough to feel. Then for a month or two we will have alot together. It looks like we are going through one of those spurts...
I better find something to hold on to.:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment