Well, after bragging about the nice weather we are now experiencing winter again. It's down in the 50's and raining. But I don't really mind because in a few days I will be lying on a beach in Phuket, Thailand! I can feel the sunshine already!
This week in an effort to fix my ailing computer my old roomate Rita and I went to the "tech center" of town to find an English copy of Windows XP. I took Rita with me because she is Chinese and actually knows about computers, unlike me. We went to about 30 different places asking if they had it and how much it was. Most stores that had it only had it in Chinese. The stores that had it in English were a little pricey. Finally we found it for 3,300NT($104US). Rita used her "killer" bargaining skills to get it down to 3250NT. Yes, a whole 50NT off! But I'm not complaining, I can buy two drinks at the tea stand with that!:-)
Yesterday I taught some of my university students how to play Phase 10. They really like English card games. It's really sad but everytime I teach some one here a new game they totally whip me at it! When we started playing I was stuck on phase 1 for four or five rounds. I finally made it to phase 2 and I did ok after that. Maybe God is trying to teach me not to be too proud. Or maybe I just stink at Phase 10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment