Monday, December 17, 2007

Home Report #1

I'm back home in good old Missouri--where everyone is wearing black since Mizzou lost to Oklahoma--and it's freezing!! I've been home about 48 hours and have been able to catch up with my family and do some shopping, which is good because I was down to my last pair of pants and only a couple of shirts. Plus it's just fun to go shopping around this time of year since you get some really great sales. I wish I had something more interesting to write about but I'm a little jet lagged still so I'll just put up some pics of all the snow.




Here is my parents new house on Sunday morning after the snow. If you look closely you can see the trees bent over a little in the background because of the ice storm they had last week.









Here I am standing outside my parents house trying not to freeze. If I look different from all my pictures in TAiwan it's because there is absolutely no humidity here so my hair is nice and flat. It's a phenomenon I like to call "America hair". i'm also wearing my new winter coat which is actually a Christmas present (yay for 50% off at Old Navy!) but my mom was nice enough to let me wear it now.


Tonight was my nephews and nieces Christmas program at church. Luc and Ben got to say a few lines, ben was also Moses during one of the songs. Nicole was Mary during one of the songs and emilie was an angel. Nathan is too little to be in the program so he got to sit in the audience with us. He decided to see how long he could get us to play "pass the baby" He would start on my lap, go to his mom, then to grandma, then to dad, then back the other way. I think he made three trips up and down the row before he was stopped. Here are some pictures of my sister in law, Bobbi Jo, Nathan and myself.

First try: Second try

Third time's a charm!
I'm wearing my glasses in these pictures because my 4 year old niece Emilie decided she likes me best with them on. Since I only have three weeks to get her to really like me before going back to Taiwan I've decided to wear them every day while I'm here!:-)
Tomorrow I'm heading up to north central Missouri, where I grew up to get my hair cut and meet with some people. I'll try to find something interesting to write about!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Christmas program... Moses?
That must have been the greatest kids Christmas program OF ALL TIME to get Moses in there!
Glad you are having a good time.
Today in Taiwan: Sunny with a high of 75.
Yes I've been listening to a lot of Relient K lately.

Keith said...

Welcome back to good old Missouri...we had some of the snow too, but today was in the 50's and pretty nice...hope you have a wonderful blessed Christmas with your family.

Sandy H. 何聖欣 said...

I'm so jealous! I want to be in Missouri! I'm from northwest Missouri near Maryville. But short sleeve weather is nice here too...

Have a great time with your family and friends. Taiwan will be waiting for your return. ;)