Thursday, October 02, 2008

Back Again

Well, I'm back in Taiwan now. It's hard to believe that my lovely summer with my family and friends is over and I'm back in Taiwan. But it was a great time full of busy, fun activities which gave me lots of new memories to look back on.
Now I'm back in my own apartment which, at the moment, feels a little strange and foreign to me. I always forget how white and tiled everything is. And how humid the floor is. It's kind of grossing me out because, although I'm pretty sure my floors are clean, that feeling makes me think of greasy, dirty tile floors in restaurants. But I'm sure everything will start feeling normal again in the next day or two.
I have to go buy a new phone today because the battery on my old one is dead beyond reviving so I can't answer any of my calls. Thankfully my cell phone is still working so I can at least use that. I also have to figure out how to set up my internet here so it will work on my new laptop so I can stop borrowing the neighbors wireless. I also have to finish unpacking my last suitcase and try to remember where I used to put things 3 1/2 months ago. It's strange how you forget things like that.
One nice thing about today is that one of my fantastic co-workers, either Alicia or Karen, bought a honey green tea yesterday and put it in my fridge for me. I love Taiwan tea!! And tonight my Monday night Bible study girls are hopefully coming over for a "Keep Jen Awake!" party to help me get over jet lag.
So, do you think eggs that have been in the fridge since mid-June are edible?? I don't think I'll try them and find out.

----------------
Now playing: Mandisa - Only The World
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Sandy H. 何聖欣 said...

Welcome back to Taiwan. That was a long break in the States. I hope it was refreshing and you are ready to continue your valuable work here. ;)!

Scott said...

when did you change the name of your blog and theme? I like both.

hope you got your internet set up.

If you aren't able to find something, we probably moved it to the Bells new apt but they are unpacking too... so it may be a while.

glad you are back