Today is one of those days where I want to just go away.
Maybe it's stress.
Maybe it's the weight of others expectations.
Maybe it's the fact that my life isn't really turning out the way I planned even though I'm living my "dream" of being a missionary.
Maybe it's homesickness.
Maybe it's not spending enough time with God in the midst of all my "ministry".
Maybe it's that there's no Mulder on the horizon.
Whatever it is, the feelings that it brings about helps me not to be so judgemental of that poor ostrich who buries his head in the sand. In fact, today I wish I could emulate him.
Except my sand would be located on the beach of my own personal island where no one could find me except the delivery guy who brings me Sonic drinks and movies (because of course my island had a movie theater), my personal trainer, all my favorite musicians and actors (to provide entertainment when I get tired of movies) and a few close personal friends who I could kick off the island when I get tired of them--kind of like survivor...
To end this blog I'd like to share with you some quotes on reality. Quotes make me happy so I think they are a good way to end this sad, pathetic entry.
- I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it.
- Reality is something you rise above.
- Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.
- Reality continues to ruin my life.
- "Reality" is the only word in the English language that should always be used in quotes.
- (Well that one and "normal")
Reality doesn't bite, rather our perception of reality bites.Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Reality Bites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like someone needs a phonecall... talk to you soon!
Post a Comment