Friday, August 04, 2006

Sports and English camp

One of the things I was stressed about in the last blog is now over and it actually turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be. Lots more fun actually. The first annual Sports and English Camp was held in Taichung at Morrison campus (a missionary school). There were over 100 kids there. The most fun thing for me was to be able to hang out with my team. Teams were decided by kids drawing out different colored wrist bands. We were red, white and blue. We had to come up with a name that had something to do with our band colors and since all the names we came up with were lame (the kids words, not mine) we decided on the red white and blues. But that was vetoed by "Dean Dave" who gave us the name "Patriots" like the football team. I wasn't to sure about my team at first but they exceded my expectations and by the first point tally we were in first place, mostly because they were memorizing Bible verses like crazy. The second time we were in 4th then the third time we had made our way back to second. Unfortunately we had to leave early to get Renae the intern back to Taipei so she can go back to America this weekend. But I'm going to call later and find out if we won or not. I don't necessarily think of myself as a competitive person but I really love to be loud and semi-obnoxious when supporting my team. Especially when it's a good team.:-) Here are a couple of pics of the Patriots.




Here are a couple of pics of the Patriots.













This last picture is of the music and Drama group that I helped with. I also helped with an English class but somehow failed to get a picture of that.



A couple of great songs we sang at camp are called "Everyday" and "One Way" both by Hillsongs and both translated into Chinese by the Joshua worship project. I had heard Everyday before because the Yung Ho Chuch sings it but One Way was new to me. The kids really liked them because they are upbeat and fun. I would encourage you to look for them. One Way is on the "For all You've Done" Hillsongs CD. I'm not sure which CD Everyday is on. Posted by Picasa

No comments: