Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year-- New Quote

I changed my quote at the top to reflect my newly adopted attitude for the year. I don't want to call it a new year's resolution because we all know how those turn out, it's just something I hope to accomplish at some point in my life.
For me it's about finding some sort of balance between what I want for my life and where God is leading my life. Most days there aren't alot of similarities. And I don't see how I can get what I want on the path that God is leading me so it's to hard to give up my way even though I know God's way is the best way. So my new attitude is to stop wishing for, striving for and expecting those things I want and just let go and see what God brings. I need to stop looking at myself so much and start looking around at what others need that I can give them. And I need to remember that in the past when God has given me things what he gave me was actually what I really wanted.
So basically what I'm striving for is contentment. Not to settle, just to be able to look at my life and see how good it really is without thinking that the grass is greener somewhere else.
So I'm dubbing this 2007--the year of giving up...giving up myself, giving up my old ways of thinking, giving up other's expectations, giving up old habits, giving up worry, giving up obligations put on my by others, giving up what could have been or what should have been, giving up what I want and hold on to so tightly...
And by giving up these things I hold on to the promise that much more will be added.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Bold step. Even if you just achieve a portion of the list of what you are giving up, you will be more in line with God's best for you. Not a easy task put before yourself, but one worth traveling. I am proud you my friend, and I will be praying for you and this year of giving up!