i thought I would write about my weekend since it's the first weekend in a long time that I've actually had something to write about. And it's your lucky day because I'm including pictures!on SaturdayI had lunch with Julie. Julie is one of our former students who is now a Christian and part of our church plant starts. She stayed with my mom and dad over Christmas when she was in the US so to say thank you her family took the Thompsons and I out to dinner at a swanky restaurant. It was located in a fancy shopping mall close to Taipei 101 (the worlds tallest building) It was a seafood buffet and the amount of food was just crazy ridiculous! But it was good for the Thompson boys because they can eat alot!
Then on Sunday (my 6 year anniversary in Taiwan) I went with my friend Sheley and her church cell group up to Northern Taipei. The area is called Hsin Beitou and it is full of hot springs. We didn't actually go the the hotsprings but we got to walk around and see lots of great scenery.
Here is an artsy picture of the walk way. As you can see it was pretty wet that day but I think that just makes the stones look more artsy
Here I am with my friend Sheley. Sheley is from Hong Kong but lives in Taiwan with her husband. She's my main movie buddy in Taiwan
This is a stained glass window found in the Hot Springs museum which used to be a Japanese Bath house at the beginning of the last century.So, that was my weekend. Pretty fun, and full of things I've never done before. It kind of puts alot of pressure on the rest of the weekends this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment