i had a very eventful afternoon. It all started when my coworkers (and closest neighbors) came over to help me move furniture. My style of moving furniture is to pick up all the junk off of the floor, place it on the nearest flat surface that's not being moved, move the big stuff, then put the junk back in what is hopefully a more orderly manner. So today I had most of the junk piled on my bed but a few smaller things such as money, my MRT card, a study Bible, a packet of tissues and a few receipts ended up on the table where i just happened to be burning a candle. I wasn't worried about the candle because it was pushed to the back of the table and it is in a glass jar. Well apparently as more things were placed on the table the tissue packet got pushed towards the candle and somehow it managed to catch fire. When I turned around and saw the flame my first thought was, "Wow, that candle flame is getting big." Then I realized that it wasn't just the candle burning, it was also the stuff sitting next to the candle that was on top of my WOODEN table. So my next (very spiritual) thought was "CRAP!" then I thought, "What do I do? What do they do on tv??" Thankfully sitting next to the table was a pile of towels so I grabbed a bunch and just tossed them on top of the tissue packet while blowing out the candle. Then I realized that I probably shouldn't just put them on top of the fire I should probably actually beat it or something...so the fire was out with just minor damage to the tissues and my MRT card. I'm hoping it will still work even though it got a little warped by the fire. So the moral of the story is...it's a good thing I watch tv so I know how to put out household fires! Yes, I realize that there is actually a more obvious moral, but this is the one I'm choosing today!
I've included some pictures of my apartment. The first in my newly rearranged living room. I didn't realize it was so green until I took this picture. The big green chair in the middle is the one I got a great deal on from Costco when I moved to this new apartment. The other chairs are are from Granny Bess and Grandma Earleen and have seen better days but are still really comfortable. The table is from the Pagels and you might have noticed that it doesn't actually have a top. That's because it used to have tinted glass panels but they were kind of ugly so i took the out to replace them with wood but I haven't bought the wood yet.

And this is my office with the futon in it. I'm so glad to have it out of my living room! It worked well for my old place but it was a little big in my new living room. Plus it's nice to have a space that can work as a guest room and office.
Of course most of you hav
e never been to my house so you don't really know what it looked like before, but trust me, this is better!
3 comments:
Hey Jen, check out my new blog. Make sure you mark it in your favorites so you can come check it out often.
http://onetreemendousblog.blogspot.com/
Tree
Hey Jen!
I think I stumbled across your blog a while back, but you weren't updating it at the time. I'm so glad to see that you are now, and to see your new appartment!
I'm so excited that things seem to be coming together for me to be there in September. Anyway, it's good to hear about your life now, and hopefully I'll be in touch. :)
--Abby
Jen I miss you! I think your new apartement arragement looks amazing. I miss hanging with you. I am glad that you are doing so well.
Love
Leslie
Post a Comment