Yesterday I went to Costco to buy groceries. When I got back to the veggie section I saw a 2 lb bag of baby carrots for only around $4.50. I realize in America this is probably expensive but the last time Costco had baby carrots they were around $15 for a 4 or 5 lb bag. I was very excited about the carrots and when I got home I had a bunch for supper and then snacked on some later in the evening. As I was eating the carrots I started wondering just why I was enjoying these carrots so much. When I was little my mom force fed us carrots practically every day because they were cheap. Now I can honestly say I hate carrot sticks. So why do I love baby carrots so much? Do they actually taste different? Is it because they are cute? At first I thought that maybe I was loving them so much because you can't normally find them in Taiwan. But then I was thinking about when I lived in the states I really liked them even then. So I finally came up with a theory. I think that the genuis marketing department at the carrot company figured out that if they cut the carrots into "baby" shapes and put a cute little bunny with the name "Bunny luv" on the front of the package that something in our brain would think they were actually Easter candy and we would want to eat more and more. It surely can't be that I've learned to appreciate the fact that carrots are good for me. That would make me, like, an adult...
Any other theories?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment