Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nothing to report

The creative blogging well has run dry.
I've been trying to come up with something interesting to write about all week. But nothing super exciting or funny has happened lately so I'm not feeling very inspired. So I just thought I would type up all the little things that have been happening lately.
*In about half an hour I go to my first girl scout meeting. For some reason I'm feeling nervous about impressing a bunch of 4th graders. I'm kind of laughing at myself over this because there was a time that I could walk into a room full of kids and own the room. But ask me to speak to or teach anyone over the age of 12 and I was a wreck. Now I'm the complete opposite. That's so weird to me. I guess i'm out of practice with my kid skills so this will be a good chance to dust them off. And the first day of anything--camp, class, job, whatever--is always the most difficult because you have to get the feel of things. I know next week will be better. I just want to do everything right the first time! But I'm prepared, at least I think I am. I asked God to remind me of anything that I may have forgotten and nothing has come to mind yet.
*Last night in my Keelung class I had 5 new students. I normally have 3 that always come and 4 or 5 that sometimes come. Last night one of the girls who just comes occasionally invited her friends to come with her. And most of the time when new students come they are shy about responding but these girls actually participated in the class. The only problem was that when some of the boys walked in they were almost scared away by all the girls.
*Tonight is country music night on American Idol. I'm so happy because I LOVE country music. And Martina McBride is the mentor for the evening. She's such an amazing singer. It will be interesting to see what she has to say about everyone. And she will probably perform tomorrow night which will be cool. It will be interesting to see who picks what song. if anyone sings "Not Ready to Make Nice" they will be my automatic pick to leave the show this week. I am SO sick of that song. They even play it on the English station here, and they normally never play country music. Of all the great Chicks songs they have to pick that one??? Liberal Pigs.
Ok, it's time to go lead the junior girl scouts! wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Never feel you have to have something spectacular to be able to post a blog. It is really the everyday happenings that most of us like to read anyway. It gives us an insight into what you are really doing on a day to day basis.
Thanks....Keith