The church that I used to work with when I first came to Taiwan (Taiwan Christian Church) participated in the event by decorating the missionaries van to lead the parade that would take us all around the Shuong He area.
The front says "Jesus is risen! The Lord loves Shuong He!" The side says "Jesus gives new life"The ladies from the mothers cell worked hard to get this ready and to make sure it was waterproof because, after all, we do live in Taiwan.
When we arrived at the park there were already several people gathered watching a special hip hop dance performed by some kids from a local church. This was pretty cool because Hip Hop is ridiculously popular here so it's nice to see people using it for God's glory!
The missionary kids also like hip hop apparently. Here are some pictures of Cole Edwards and Josh Pagel dancing along.
After a time of singing and sharing in the park we all took off on a walk around the neighborhood to spread the message of Jesus resurrection. Here are some pictures I took from the sun roof of the Pagel's van.
Here are some pictures of the missionary kids
While we were waiting at the church to walk to the park together some of my old cell group members and I were amusing ourselves by taking pictures. I thought I'd share them with you.We were trying to get everyone's face in the picture, without much success, but we had fun trying.
(She actually posed for this picture, she's not one of those "weird" missionaries that just walks down the street shaking a tamborine--although I don't know that there are missionaries that actually do that... She does follow Jesus to her own beat, just not normally with a tamborine)
3 comments:
Thanks for the pictures. I loved seeing all my friends! By the way, I linked from Scott's blog, so that should help you out a little.
Thanks for helping me take over the world, one blog at at time...
Thanks for the pictures... but I came directly so you wouldn't get credit. Basically, I'm canceling our Stephanie's vote... just like I did by voting for everyone *EXCEPT* Sanjaya and Haley since I'm sure Stephanie already voted for them.
Post a Comment