My very cute Mary Engelbreit calendar tells me that today, March 8th is "International Women's Day". I have no idea what the purpose of this day is, probably to celebrate the fabulousness of women all throughout the world, which I fully support. But I decided that since I'm an "international woman" that this day is all about me! I don't know what I'll do to celebrate, especially since it's already 10:30 p.m. and I'm pretty tired. How sad is it to celebrate my own adopted holiday by going to bed early? I guess in this case some pre-planning would have been helpful to really get the most out of the day.
I guess I'll just have to get a head start on next year's holiday. Any ideas?
----------------
Now playing: Aretha Franklin - Respect
via FoxyTunes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great idea! :)
You could celebrate with other international women--each one bringing a fave dish from home.
OR
You could have kinda like a progressive dinner eating foods from several different countries all day.
OR
If you had friends who were also international women in other countries, make it a day to contact them and encourage them.
I love the way you write Jen. Great article!
Post a Comment