Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tales from the track

So today I went out for a run. I wasn't planning on it because I ran 3 miles last night and my legs are pretty tired today. But it's a beautiful sunny day and really it would be a waste of all that good sunshine not to be out in it. Apparently, early afternoon is not peak running time for me because I was struggling. I tried all my usual tricks to get myself motivated but nothing was working. Finally, I asked God to remind me why I started running in the first place. No sooner had I prayed this than a skinny girl in super cute running clothes whizzed past me. My jaw hit the floor and I just had to laugh. You cannot tell me that God doesn't understand the female mind or have great comic timing. I mean seriously. I might tell people that I'm running to be healthy but God totally knows my true motivation.
Life with God is never boring.

No comments: