Recently I've been realizing the difference between having someone to do things with and having someone to share things with. I have lots of people to do things with--sing karaoke, see a movie, drink tea, study the Bible-- but I feel like my life is lacking in people to share things with. And no, married people reading this blog, that isn't secret old maid code for "I need a husband!". So what do I mean? There are some people in your life that just "get it" and then there are those who make you feel like you're casting your pearls before swine. There are, thankfully, also people that exist somewhere in between the two extremes and most of the time they will do as a substitute when the "get it" people aren't around. But I'm kind of getting tired of the subs. I'm needing a dose of the real thing.
But my dilemma is that my people that I share things with aren't really around, whether because of busy schedules or long distances or both. What's a girl to do? I have no idea. Are my expectations for my life too high? Is this just a season in my life or the lifelong cost of my choice to be a missionary? Once again, no idea.
For now I'm just trying to be thankful that I've learned to recognize and avoid the swine most of the time.
And I'm trying not to become too adept at being a "Pity Party Planner".
----------------
Now playing: Jamie O'Neal - There is no Arizona
via FoxyTunes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment