1. Believe it or not, my favorite book is not Pride and Prejudice, or any other fabulous Jane Austen work. It's "The Blue Castle" by L.M. Montgomery, the woman who wrote Anne of Green Gables. It's about a woman, Valancy, who at 29 has lived her whole life afraid of everything, being poor, growing old alone, and her family, who are very proper and judgmental of anything they disagree with. Her only escape from her pathetic life is in her imagination where her life is a wonderful fantasy. But then she learns that she only has a year to live so she decides to really live it and not be afraid of anything anymore.
I'm actually on my second copy of the book because my first one fell apart from too much reading.
2. My favorite scent from Bath and Body Works is Coconut Lime Verbena. I think it smells like a really great summer day at the beach.
3. I once spent over 13 hours in a movie theater watching all three movies of the Lord of the Rings trilogy back to back to back. In fact the first two were the extended editions, not just the original theater releases. This infamous day is known as "Trilogy Tuesday" and is possibly one of the 10 best days of my life. I'm not sure if that's a commentary on how great those movies actually are, or how sad my life is...
Mostly it was great because I was able to share it with my friends Stephanie and her husband "Creepy Keevin." Here is a blurry picture of the day from a photo booth that was in the theater. We are each holding up our "Pass of Power" which was our ticket to get in. Being a geek is totally more fun with friends!
5. My initials (without my middle name) are the same as my other grandma's--J.R. When I was little my grandma loved to watch the tv show Dallas. So, whenever someone would use a blow dryer on my hair they would pretend it was a gun and say "Who shot J.R.???" It was terribly funny...when I was 5.
6. My favorite pair of shoes are my black Mary Jane crocs. I bought them last fall and I've worn them practically every day since then. I've worn them so much in fact that the bottoms have no more tread on them so they are very slippery when the ground is wet. This is especially inconvenient because part of my reason for buying them was to wear them in the rain.
7. According to my facebook "Where I've been" application I've visited 6% of the world. I'd better get busy traveling if I want to see the other 94%. Well, actually I really only want to visit another 10% or so, as long as it includes the U.K. and Hawaii.
----------------
Now playing: Michael Bublé - Dream A Little Dream Of Me
via FoxyTunes
No comments:
Post a Comment