I was catching up on my blog reading tonight when I came across this "game" on David Crowder's site. I'll let DC explain it to you in his own unique way:
********************************************************
1. grab your preferred digital media player.
2. push play in shuffle mode.
3. report here in the comments the first 10 tunes that pop up.
4. i’ll comment later with my list as well.
5. cheating is prohibited, as it would be in poor taste.
6. this will decide whether you are a likeable person or not.
7. at least that’s what my friend steve told me.
8. when he said this, the part about being a likeable person, i panicked.
9. but it turned out he was kidding.
10. sort of.
11. he did seem genuinely bothered by the two bee gees tunes though.
12. i mean, 2 out of 10!
13. that’s quite a lot of bee gees really.
14. but what i’m trying to say is don’t cheat.
15. you’re still a great person.
16. at least i think so.
17. well, maybe.
18. i mean, we don’t really know each other, so it’s sort of risky for me to say that, the you being a ‘great person’ thing.
19. i mean, you could be someone who pulls the wings off of fairies and such.
20. so, if you’ll just comment back listing the 10 songs, then i think we’ll know each other a little better, and can then perhaps make statements about one another definitively.
21. concrete things like, “oh, i see you like the bee gees.”
22. of course i’ll deny it and say, “no. i mean, yeah, i like that one song, but i wouldn’t say, ‘i like the bee gees.’ i wouldn’t go that far. no.”
23. then you’ll go, “i’m sorry, we can’t spend any more time together.”
*******************************************************
I decided that instead of posting it on his blog I'd put it on mine.
Here's my list
1--Alison Krauss-Sleep On --everyone needs a little bluegrass in their music collection, right?
2--Point of Grace--One More Broken Heart--Ah, a classic from those college days.
3--Reese Witherspoon--Wildwood Flower -from the "Walk the Line" soundtrack
4--Michael W. Smith--Ancient Words--ok, i'm starting to feel like this list isn't really reflecting how COOL my music collection really is... although, I have to admit that my first CD ever was Smitty "Change Your World"--I got it for high school graduation when I also got my first CD player.
5--Darlene Zschech--You Said --if you've never heard this song you're totally missing out. "You said, 'ask and I'll give the nations to you'. Oh Lord, that's the cry of my heart! Distant shores and the islands (TAIWAN!!!) will see Your light as it rises on us!"AMEN!
6--Newsboys--Hallelujah from Step up to the Microphone. Not quite as good as "Good Stuff" from Love, Liberty, Disco.:-)
7--Cast of the Musical "Wicked"--Dear Old Shiz--This is a good soundtrack especially "Defying Gravity" which I like to listen to when I run. If you're not familiar with "Wicked" it's a book and broadway musical based on the "true story" of the Wicked Witch of the West.
8--Brad Paisley--I'll Take You Back---love, love, love Brad Paisley. This is from his "Time Well Wasted" cd which is great.
9--David Crowder Band--End of October from the Lime CD (thanks Allen for not liking it and passing it on to me!)
10--Tracy Byrd--Don't Take Her She's All I Got--one of the best songs to sing when alone in your car
So there are my 10. Does my list make me a likeable person?? I guess that depends on whether or not you like country music.
Feel free to leave your lists in the comments section.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll play your game:
1. Youth Choir - Why Are All the Children Crying? — This band later changed their name to “The Choir”. I’ve seen them live and that was a blast. When I’m working on something mentally taxing but can’t stand the silence and also don’t want music that interrupts me… I play The Choir.
2. RIch Mullins - Creed — The live version from the “Here In America” DVD with comments before the song that are classic Mullins. I really miss Rich Mullins, but he gave us so much while he was here that we are still so blessed by his work.
3. The Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven — A weird song from the late 80’s… environmentalism and God
4. Adam Again - Hide Away — Kinda cool this is on here as it gives me a chance to mention one of my truly favorite bands - the Lost Dogs - a “supergroup” with Derry Daughtery of The Choir and Gene Eugene of Adam Again and some other guys that I won’t mention since this is about my 10 songs. Gene passed away in 2000.
5. Bing Crosby - True Love — yeah… you gotta problem with that?
6. Day of Fire - Cut & Move — LOVE this song. I saw Day of Fire at Cornerstone 2005. I like all kinds of music, but this is my default. This song is playing right now and it rawks my fingers so much I can’t type.
7. Lounge Worship - The Long and Winding Road — Lounge Worship is awesome… popular Xn songs and a few other songs performed in a way you’ve not heard them before!
8. Buddy Holly - Not Fade Away — Thanks mom and dad for introducing us to Buddy Holly while we were growing up!
9. Rebecca St. James - Pray — One of the only “girls” I like to listen to… used to like her more… but this song really is one of my favorites from RSJ.
10. Seventh Day Slumber - Every Saturday — I had to play this one out of order because I wasn’t sure what it sounded like and didn’t want to wait to write this post. I wish it was a different track… or a song from their first album… but… no cheating.
I posted it on my blog here
http://pagels.teamexpansion.org/sqjtaipei/2008/03/04/first-10-songs/
Post a Comment