Saturday, February 09, 2008

The sun'll come out tomorrow, or maybe the next day...

Yesterday my female co-workers, the older MK girls and I went out for a girls day. We saw the movie "Enchanted" which was very cute and then went to Chili's for supper. While we were eating we were talking about the weather and how many days in a row it has rained. I suggested that we start a pool on what day this month the sun would come back out. I picked the 17th but my co-worker Alicia decided to be optimistic and hope it would come out today. Well, last night I had a dream that I woke up and it was sunny outside! Then I called Alicia and said, "Alicia! You were right the sun did come out today!". Well, the dream was so real that when I woke up I couldn't believe that it actually wasn't sunny.
This afternoon I talked to Angie (Mrs. SQJ) and she also had a dream last night that it was sunny today! How freaky is that??
I guess some people believe that dreams reveal your deepest subconscious desires. In this case that is definitely true, we are all wishing for sunshine. I'm trying to find the line between hoping for better weather and having a complaining heart because it's STILL rainy and cold. I know there's no justification for whining but in my defense it actually is colder than normal here. I usually have my electric blanket set on 7 or 8 in the winter. This past week I turned it up to 10. Then last night I got tired of still being cold and turned it up to 12. I'm not sure how far it goes past that but I'm hoping I don't have to find out. As I was drifting off to sleep I worried briefly about slowly cooking myself like a Thanksgiving turkey, but then I decided I didn't care as long as I was warm.
So, I'm not going to complain about the weather anymore. But I will be happy when the day comes that I can trade in this umbrella for...
this one!
Oh wow, doesn't it look warm there? ----------------
Now playing: David Gray - January Rain
via FoxyTunes

No comments: