Thursday, August 21, 2008

Texas Road Trip Day 1--I ain't in Checotah anymore

I'm not even in Missouri anymore...
So why am i not in Checotah anymore?  And why should you care whether I'm in Checotah or not?  Because today my sister in law,a friend named Yoley and myself left Missouri at the crack of dawn to drive down to San Antonio for a Beth Moore Conference. 




 And Checotah, OK not only happens to be the home town of my favorite American Idol Carrie Underwood it's also where we stopped to eat lunch on our way through Oklahoma.  Here is a picture of a strange blue buffalo that is in the park where we ate lunch. 
After lunch we headed to Texas.

Where my sister in law was overcome with delight to ride on a giant cloverleaf--is that what you call it?  She was so excited that she made me take this picture of it.Then in Grand Prairie, Tx we stayed with some friends from college, Matt and Angie
and their three adorable kids.

on day two we'll be heading to San Antonio to check out the River Walk and attend the Beth Moore Conference.
Oh yeah, and "I ain't in Checotah" anymore is a song off of Carrie Underwood's first album in case you were wondering...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
This is Yoli! Cool synopsis of the trip, it's pretty neat :) I can't wait to see and hear more of your adventures,as you know I live, VICARIOUSLY, through you. LOL. Keep up the good work my friend, and may Yahweh, my Elohim be your strength and comfort thoughout your journies.
In Him and for Him. Yoli, that good 'ol San Antone Rose.