We started out Friday by catching up with an old friend. I met Lynda over 8 years ago when I was going to pre-field orientation to head to Taiwan and she was on her way to Mongolia for the summer. She just came back from North Africa and is planning on getting married in October.

Then we headed through Dallas...

South of Austin we got stuck in a Texas sized traffic jam. Apparently, at 4 o'clock that morning a semi truck crashed and burned and still at 11:30 when we got there they still didn't have it cleaned up.

But while we were waiting we got to see some beautiful scenery

And when we took a detour through Round Rock we saw this cool building

We finally made it to San Antonio where we stayed downtown in a hotel close to the beautiful Riverwalk, the Alamo and the Alamodome, where the conference was being held.


After we checked into our hotel we went to the Alamodome to check in for the Siesta Fiesta. The Siesta Fiesta was a gathering for the "siestas" who are part of the Living Proof/Beth Moore blog community. I think we all went with the idea that there would be a couple of hundred of women there. Actually there were around 1,000. Then there were another 9,000 woman who attended the regular conference so you can imagine the lines at the bathrooms.

Here's Bobbi Jo and I getting ready for the conference to start. Friday was a really great night. Beth spoke about Psalm 16:5-6 "The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; You hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."
She reminded us that we are God's heiresses and gave me my new favorite quote..."There are alot of boring heiresses out there. What a waste, I say. "--Paris Hilton
Now, I'm not a big Paris Hilton fan but I appreciate her point. And our inheritance is much better than hers but we waste alot of time not living up to it.
Here are the points from Friday night.
I am an heir of God...
*My life is not left to chance
*I am inheriting a kingdom
*He is my portion, and I am His
And of course, as usual, she just used phenomenal amounts of scripture which is one of the things I appreciate most about her. It annoys me when so called Bible teachers just spout of feel good nonsense without a bit of scripture.
So Friday was a good day. Can't wait till Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment