Sunday, August 24, 2008

Texas Road Trip Day 4--The Long Road Home

Sunday we were able to attend Austin Stone Community Church in Austin which was very cool for me because for the past year or so I've been listening to their sermons online. It was a little weird to actually see the preacher instead of just hear him. The great thing about being there in person was to hear the music since they don't put the songs on the podcast. It was a really great service and I think we were all glad we stuck around Austin long enough to attend.After church we hit the road again, this time heading back to Missouri. We stopped just out of Austin to change clothes and let Yoly catch up with an old friend.Back in Dallas we saw this interesting statue for the Dallas Zoo:And I learned a new fact about Texans that I didn't know before.

The Dallas skylineIn Dallas a serendipitous wrong turn brought us face to face with a highway interchange that was even bigger than the one we saw on day one. We think this is the one our friend Matt told us was one of the new wonders of the world. Whether it is or not, we were very impressed.
We loved the "decor" of the interchange. It gives it a very "Texas" feel.
I drove all the way through Oklahoma which was cool because on the turnpike the speed limit is 75 miles an hour. I was a little nervous at first to drive that fast but I adjusted pretty quickly.

Between Tulsa and Joplin the sun started to set and we were treated to this beautiful sunset.We got home about 1:00 Monday morning and were pretty worn out but all in all we were glad we took the trip.

No comments: